Strawberry Cream Pound Cake with Ganache
I love strawberries and cream ! I have made this with jam and its good too.
How to Make Strawberry Cream Pound Cake with Ganache
- Carefully , Slice pound cake horizontally in three layers.
- Spread the bottom layer with strawberry preserves.
- Take one package of strawberries , remove stem , slice ; Place berries on top of preserves.
- In a small bowl , mix the whipped topping with 4 TBS. of the preserves. Dot 1/2 the cream mixture over the preserves and berries and gently spread until covered.
- Place the second layer of the pound cake on top and repeat process with the remaining preserves , sliced berries and cream. Top with the top portion of the pound cake.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour or so. ( over night is good too )
- In the top of a double broiler ; heat the heavy cream and choc. chips , stirring constantly until smooth and shiny.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to allow the ganache to cool . Thickness should be pourable but not runny.
- Pour the ganache over the chilled cake and top with freshly cut strawberries for garnish.
- Slice and serve with extra ganache and strawberries on the side if desired.