Strawberry Cream Cake
- 1 box
- classic yellow cake mix
- 1/3 c
- vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 c
- 8 oz. tub frozen whip cream, thawed
- 1 can(s)
- strawberry icing
- 1-2 c
- sliced strawberries (about)
How to Make Strawberry Cream Cake
- 1Prepare yellow cake mix according to package directions (i used duncan hines classic yellow mix and it called for 3 eggs, 1/3 cup vegetable oil and 1 1/3 cup water). Pour mix into 2 greased and lightly floured 9" round cake pans. Bake according to box directions. Remove from oven and loosen edges of cake from cake pan then allow to cool completely.
- 2Remove cooled cake from pans. Place the first cake layer on your serving dish and then top with a thick layer of strawberry icing. (I used about half of the can.) Top the strawberry icing with sliced strawberries.
- 3Place the second cake layer on top of the first and cover cake top and sides with the thawed whip cream. (For a richer cake, use the whip cream in the middle with the strawberries and the strawberry icing on the outside of the cake.) Can also top with extra strawberry slices. Tastes best when chilled.