★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 cwhite sugar
3 ozpackage strawberry flavored gelatin
1 cbutter, softened
2 3/4 csifted cake flour
2 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 cwhole milk, room temperature
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1/2 cstrawberry puree made from frozen sweetened strawberries
How to Make Strawberry Cake from Scratch
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and dry strawberry gelatin until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Combine the flour and baking powder; stir into the batter alternately with the milk.
- Blend in vanilla and strawberry puree.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a small knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow cakes to cool in their pans over a wire rack for at least 10 minutes, before tapping out to cool completely.