★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- white sugar
- 3 oz
- package strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1 c
- butter, softened
- eggs,room temperature
- 2 3/4 c
- sifted cake flour
- 2 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 c
- whole milk, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 c
- strawberry puree made from frozen sweetened strawberries
How to Make Strawberry Cake from Scratch
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- 2In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and dry strawberry gelatin until light and fluffy.
- 3Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
- 4Combine the flour and baking powder; stir into the batter alternately with the milk.
- 5Blend in vanilla and strawberry puree.
- 6Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- 7Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a small knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- 8Allow cakes to cool in their pans over a wire rack for at least 10 minutes, before tapping out to cool completely.