Strawberrry Shortcake Cupcakes
Someone asked me if I made a strawberry shortcake cupcake...No, I didn't...so today made some for the order she place with utmost confidence I could do it! (umm wow) Soooo, I did it!!!
Can ya tell I'm a lil proud of this one??? lol
I was thinking you could do this same recipe with different berries as well.
- 2 c
- 1 c
- butter, softened
- eggs, room temp
- 1 Tbsp
- 3 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 c
- 1/3 c
- heavy cream
- 1 - 8 oz
- pkg cream cheese, softened
- 6-7 medium
- strawberries, cleaned
- 1/2 c
- powered sugar
- 3/4 c
- powdered sugar
- 3 c
- heavy whipping cream
- strawberries, cleaned then cut in half and sliced up
How to Make Strawberrry Shortcake Cupcakes
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- 2Sift together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside. Cream together butter and sugar, beat in eggs, one at a time, add vanilla. Mix on high 2 minutes. Add flour mixture, mixing well, then add milk and cream and mix until batter is smooth.
- 3Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake 17-20 min or til toothpick inserted comes out clean, it can be crumby, just not doughy. Remove from oven and let cool in pans 10 min. then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4When cool, cut funnel shapes out of the top of cupcakes with paring knife, being careful to keep the cake top in one piece.
In food processor mix cream cheese and strawberries together then add powdered sugar and mix until combined, smooth and creamy. If you don't have a processor, just chop strawberries very fine and mix with cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- 5Fill tops of cupcakes and replace funnel shape you had cut out, pressing it in only slightly...leave it sit 1/2 inch above cupcake, like a step.
- 6Topping: Beat powdered sugar and whipping cream together until stiff peaks form.
Then pipe or spoon onto the top cake disc.
Top sliced strawberries over top like in my photo. I did not sugar my sliced berries, but you could if you wanted to...
- 7*HINT...after you slice the berries, lay on paper towels or in strainer to absorb or drain the juices...also if you wish to put a lil sugar on them...I would put them in the strainer and toss with the sugar and let sit 20-30 min to absorb sugar while draining excess juice...