Strawberries and Cream Angel Food Cake
- 3 c
- fresh strawberries, divided
- 4 oz
- cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- orange zest
- 1 Tbsp
- orange juice, fresh
- 2 c
- thawed cool whip free or cool whip lite
- prepared angel food cake (10 in) cut in half horizontally. you can make the angel food cake or use a store bought one.
How to Make Strawberries and Cream Angel Food Cake
- 1Chop enough strawberries to measure 2 cups. Refrigerate remaining whole berries for later use.
- 2Beat cream cheese, sugar, zest and juice in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add COOL WHIP; beat on low speed just until blended. Gently stir in chopped berries. Spread about 2/3 of the Cool Whip mixture onto bottom half of cake. Cover with top of cake and remaining Cool Whip mixture.
- 3Refrigerate for 1 hour. Arrange remaining berries on top of cake before serving.
- 4I have also used blueberries for this recipe also, and it was equally delisious!