SPRINGTIME COFFEE CAKE BY JANET
1/2 tspground cloves
1/2 tspground nutmeg
3/4 cbutter ( 1 1/2 sticks )
1 tspbaking soda
1 cchopped nuts
How to Make SPRINGTIME COFFEE CAKE BY JANET
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and spices. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles corn meal.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture in a second bowl, combine the buttermilk and baking soda.
- Pour this into the remaining crumb mixture in halves, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Stir in the raisins and nuts. Spread the batter into a greased and floured9 by 13 pan.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour until brown and springy when touched or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.