SPLENDA BLEND SOUR CREAM POUND CAKE
Rose Mary Mogan1
- 3 c
- sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 c
- splenda sugar blend for baking
- 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 c
- butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 6 large
- eggs, room temperaure
- 8 oz
- sour cream
- 2 tsp
- pure vanilla exract
- 1/2 tsp
- each almond & butter extracts
How to Make SPLENDA BLEND SOUR CREAM POUND CAKE
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan or a 12 cup Bundt pan. Set aside.
- 2Combine flour, Splenda sugar blend for baking and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a fork or pastry blender until crumbly.This step may be done with a blender using the lowest speed. cover with a clean tea towel to prevent splatters.
- 3Combine eggs, sour cream and all extracts in a small mixing bowl; add 1/4 of the egg mixture to flour mixture. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Beat at medium speed for 30 seconds, or until batter is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl. Repeat procedure 3 times.
- 4Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- 5Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, cool completely on wire rack
- 6NOTE: The original recipe does not call for the addition of almond and butter extract. So you may omit if you like. I just love the two flavors blended together.
Also I have made this recipe with the addition of 2 cups of frozen blueberries. It was really moist and good.