Spiced Up Diabetic Friendly Plum Squares
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cplums, dried (you can substitute dried apricots if desired)
3/4 cflour, plain
1 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspground cloves
1 Tbspcanola oil
1 Tbsplemon zest, grated
2 tsppowdered sugar
How to Make Spiced Up Diabetic Friendly Plum Squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Simmer 1/2 cup plums in water, covered 2 minutes. Cool but do not drain. Dice remaining 1/2 cup plums.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Add remaining diced plums; stir until all diced plums are well coated with the flour mixture; set aside.
- In blender, add cooled plums plus liquid that they were cooked in; puree until well blended-approximately 2 minutes. Add egg, sugar, canola oil, lemon zest and vanilla. Puree until well blended together.
- Pour puree mixture into the center of the flour mixture. Stir until combined thoroughly. Spread into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a wooden stick (or spaghetti noodle) stuck into the center comes out clean. When done, remove from oven and immediately sprinkle top with powdered sugar. Place on wire rack to cool. When cool, cut into 9 squares.
- 59 calories