Spiced Pumpkin Pie
I make this pie often as it is always requested and a favorite in my family!
Don't forget the whipped cream!
1unbaked deep dish pie crust (9 inch)
1/4 cwhite sugar
1/2 cbrown sugar
1 1/4 tspcinnamon (ground)
1/2 tspginger (ground)
1/2 tspcloves (ground)
1/4 tspnutmeg (ground)
2 largeeggs (slightly beaten)
1 can(s)pure pumpkin (15 ounces)
1 can(s)evaporated milk (12 ounces)
How to Make Spiced Pumpkin Pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine sugars, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and salt and set aside in separate bowl. Mix eggs and pumpkin in large bowl.
- Add sugar and spice mixture to pumpkin mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 50-60 minutes more or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean and filling is firm.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or refrigerated.