Southern Pumpkin Cake!
How wrong I’ve been for 50 years!
Hope y'all enjoy!!
Just in time for Thanksgiving too!
1 can(s)pumpkin (15 oz)
2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspground nutmeg
1 ccanola oil
1 cpacked brown sugar
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1 1/2 tspvanilla
CREAM CHEESE ICING
8 ozcream cheese room temp.
1 stickbutter room temp.
3 cconfectioners sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Southern Pumpkin Cake!
- Preheat your oven to 350 and grease your 9 X 13 pan.
Gather all your ingredients.
- Combine your flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Thoroughly combine your oil, eggs, sugars, pumpkin and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to your dry. Mixing well with either your whisk or a hand mixer.
- Pour batter into your prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Toothpick test in the center to make sure it's done! The tooth pick should come out clean!!
- Allow to cool completely before icing. This is hard to do cause the smell is so great!
- INCING INSTRUCTIONS:
In a large bowl mix with a hand mixer cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add your confectioners sugar a little at a time,(I do a half cup at a time) blending well between each addition then adding your salt and vanilla.
- Now you can get busy icing that cake as long as it’s completely cool. Let it sit in the fridge for a spell just to set up. You can add pecans on top for decoration if you like.
I really hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
Not too sweet not too savory.
Remember keep it refrigerated, its cream cheese!!