Sour Cream Pound Cake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 stickmelted butter
6eggs, separate yolks from egg whites
1/4 tspbaking soda
3 call purpose flour
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1 1/4 csour cream
How to Make Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolks. Beat.
- Add the sour cream. Mix. Add the flour, soda and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. ( I use one of those single stick hand blenders.) Fold the egg whites into the mix.
- Grease and flour a tube pan. Cut a piece of wax paper to fit the bottom. Add the cake mixture to the tube pan.
- DO NOT PREHEAT THE OVEN. Place the cake in a cold oven, turn the oven on to 300 degrees and bake the cake for TWO hours. Bake until a knife or toothpick comes out clean.