Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 2 stick
- melted butter
- 3 c
- eggs, separate yolks from egg whites
- 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 c
- sour cream
- 1/4 c
How to Make Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 1Cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolks. Beat.
- 2Add the sour cream. Mix. Add the flour, soda and vanilla. Mix well.
- 3In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. ( I use one of those single stick hand blenders.) Fold the egg whites into the mix.
- 4Grease and flour a tube pan. Cut a piece of wax paper to fit the bottom. Add the cake mixture to the tube pan.
- 5DO NOT PREHEAT THE OVEN. Place the cake in a cold oven, turn the oven on to 300 degrees and bake the cake for TWO hours. Bake until a knife or toothpick comes out clean.