Sour cream coffee cake
If using the almonds, make sure they are super fine, or the cake will fall in about halfway through your baking time. It will taste great, but look a little strange.
- 7 oz
- cold butter, sliced
- 12 oz
- extra fine sugar
- 3 large
- 8 oz
- self rising flour
- 8 oz
- sour cream
- 8 oz
- craisins, cherries, diced dried apricots, blueberries or other dried fruit, tossed in 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1/4 c
- cherry liquer
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp
- finely minced, blanched almonds (optional)
How to Make Sour cream coffee cake
- 1Preheat oven to 325F and spray large bundt pan with Baker's Joy.
- 2Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer
- 3Add eggs, one at a time. Scrape down sides of the bowl and beat on medium high for 1 minute.
- 4Add flour and sour cream alternately, until blended. Scrape down sides of the bowl and mix for another minute.
- 5While mixing, add vanilla extract and liquer.
- 6Fold in the dried fruit and spread batter evenly in bundt pan.
(Can sprinkle 1-2 Tablespoons of finely minced almonds on top of the batter at this point)
- 7Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- 8Remove from oven and place pan on a coooling rack for 20 minutes before inverting.
- 9Allow to cool completely.
Give a light sprinkling of powdered sugar on top (use a fine sieve) before slicing and serving.
The powdered sugar may be omitted if so desired.