Sour cream coffee cake
If using the almonds, make sure they are super fine, or the cake will fall in about halfway through your baking time. It will taste great, but look a little strange.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
7 ozcold butter, sliced
12 ozextra fine sugar
8 ozself rising flour
8 ozsour cream
8 ozcraisins, cherries, diced dried apricots, blueberries or other dried fruit, tossed in 1 tablespoon of flour
1/4 ccherry liquer
1 tspvanilla extract
1 Tbspfinely minced, blanched almonds (optional)
How to Make Sour cream coffee cake
- Preheat oven to 325F and spray large bundt pan with Baker's Joy.
- Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer
- Add eggs, one at a time. Scrape down sides of the bowl and beat on medium high for 1 minute.
- Add flour and sour cream alternately, until blended. Scrape down sides of the bowl and mix for another minute.
- While mixing, add vanilla extract and liquer.
- Fold in the dried fruit and spread batter evenly in bundt pan.
(Can sprinkle 1-2 Tablespoons of finely minced almonds on top of the batter at this point)
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place pan on a coooling rack for 20 minutes before inverting.
- Allow to cool completely.
Give a light sprinkling of powdered sugar on top (use a fine sieve) before slicing and serving.
The powdered sugar may be omitted if so desired.