- 1-package of butter yellow cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 ( 8 ounce) cartons of sour cream
- 2 (6 ounce ) packages of frozen coconut-thawed
- 1- 8 ounce carton of cool whip topping -thawed
How to Make Granny Mc Clure Sour Cream Coconut Cake
- 1Prepare cake mix in 2 layers.
- 2Combine sugar ,sour cream and coconut .Chill for thirty minutes or more.-Reserve 1 cup of the sour cream mixiture for the frosting...
- 3After cake is cool split both layers of the cake.Spread cream mixture between the layers.Combine the 1 cup of mixture with the cool whip and ice the cake...Refrigerate the cake for at least three day's before serving ....Cover cake well with heavy duty foil..PERSONAL NOTE:::I put the cake in a covered cake holder then wrap it in foil..But you can just cover it tightly with foil .
- 4IF YOU CAN NOT FIND THE FROZEN COCONUT .I JUST USE A GOOD GRADE OF PACKAGED COCONUT AND ADD 1 TEASPOON OF MILK.