Simply deliscious moist pineapple upside down cake
When your family is bugging you for some home baked goodies, but you really don't feel like getting into your baking mojo...this is a good go to dessert..:) no work at all..:)
- pineapple, drained, in natural juices..:)
- 1/2 cup
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 cup
- flour( ap)
- 2 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp.
- 1/3 c.
- shortening( i used unrefined coconut oil)
- 3/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla, pure extract( i use the vanilla paste)
- 2/3 c
How to Make Simply deliscious moist pineapple upside down cake
- 1Melt butter in a round 9 1/2 inch baking pan..stir in the brown suger..
Arrange chunked pineapple in pan over the butter/brown suger mixture..( I usually stir it all up and then even it out nicely..), also prefer crushed pineapple..but I think the chunked works just as well),
- 2Combine flour, baking powder & salt. Set aside..
- 3In a mixing bowl, beat shortening 30 seconds. Add sugar; beat till well combined..
- 4Add egg and vanilla..beat 1 minute.
- 5Add dry ingredients alternately w/milk to beaten mixture( shortening mixture), beating after each addition..
- 6Very carefully spread in pan over pineapple chunks..smoothing it out evenly..
- 7Bake in 350° oven for 50-55 minutes..( check it after 40 min.) till a nice golden color..
Cool in pan for 5 minutes..invert into serving plate..serve warm..makes 8 servings..enjoy
- 8NOTE: you can easily turn this into rhubarb upside cake..which w/following this recipe..is the bomb..even if ya don't like rhubarb..:)
Just use 2 cups fresh or frozen rhubarb, cut up into 1/2-1 inch pieces..
Incidentally..I've made it w/both..
- 10P.s. When I made this..( the one in the picture.) ..I only had one can of chunked pineapple..I just every spaced it out, the best I could..;)