Shelby's Iced French Vanilla Cake with Berries
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 boxbetty crocker white cake mix (16.25 oz)
1 1/4 cwater
1/3 cvegetable oil
1 tspmccormick french vanilla blend extract
11 ozvanilla baking chips
4 Tbspsalted butter, cubed
1/3 c2% milk
1/2 tspmccormick french vanilla blend extract
8 ozwhipped cream cheese
1/4 - 1/2 cpowdered sugar
·blueberries for garnish
How to Make Shelby's Iced French Vanilla Cake with Berries
- Preheat oven to 350f. Grease and flour bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, eggs and french vanilla blend. Mix well, working out any lumps.
- Pour cake mix into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 mins. Flip cake onto cooling rack and set aside while preparing the icing.
- In a double boiler, melt together baking chips and butter, stirring regularly.
- Gently blend in milk and french vanilla blend until well combined, then remove from heat.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar (start with 1/4 cup, you can add more later according to your taste and desired consistancy).
- With the mixer running, slowly add the melted chip mix to the cream cheese mix.
- Ice the cake while it's still warm, garnish with berries if you wish, and enjoy!