Use a 13x9x2-inch pan.
I hope you will enjoy this quick and easy to make, cake with a subtle floral flavor. It is lovely served with a dusting of icing sugar and a hot cup of tea.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·butter + flour for preparing pan
·1 cup boiling water + 1/4 oz saffron threads (mixed together night before)
·3 large eggs
·2 cups white sugar
·1 cup butter, softened
·3 cups white flour
·3 teaspoons baking powder
·1/2 tsp salt
·1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
·1 1/2 cups golden raisins
·icing sugar for dusting
How to Make Saffron Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour the cake pan and set aside until needed.
- Mix the eggs, sugar and butter until creamy.
- In a small bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon (if using), mix well.
- Now slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the saffron water, mixing well.
- Next add the golden raisins and stir just until combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 50 - 60 minutes. Check cake in your preferred manner and place on a baking rack to cool.