Rum Cake Supreme
★★★★☆ 2 votes4
1 boxcake mix, yellow (anything that goes with rum)
1 boxvanilla pudding mix, small (or flavor corresponding to cake)
1/2 crum (dark is better, imo)
1 cpowdered sugar
3 Tbspbutter (can use up to one whole square, but this amount will give you a crunchy glaze)
How to Make Rum Cake Supreme
- Add the cake mix, small box of pudding, eggs, oil, water, and rum to a medium mixing bowl.
My personal favorite is a pineapple cake mix (or add pineapple flavoring to a yellow cake mix).
- Using hand mixer, blend until smooth (approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Pour mix into well-greased and floured bundt pan (Pam for Baking is perfect for this)
- Bake 50-60 minutes at 325°
Let it sit for 5-10 minutes in the pan before turning it out of the pan onto a rack.
- Prepare and cook the glaze. By the time it is done, the cake will be cool enough (warm, but not hot) to put it on.
- Glaze Preparation:
Put rum, butter, and powdered sugar into small/med saucepan.
- Stirring constantly, cook over low/med head until boiling. Let boil 5 minutes.
- Put cake on plate. Pour glaze over the cake (or use a pastry brush to get it into every nook & cranny).
- Let cool so glaze hardens. Eat warm or cooled--tasty either way!