1/2 cdark rum
1 cwalnuts, chopped
1 pkgyellow cake mix
1 pkginstant vanilla pudding mix
1 cdark rum
1/2 cvegetable oil
How to Make Rum Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan (or mini bundt pans).
- Glaze -
In a saucepan, combine butter, water, and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat and continue to boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in rum. Set aside.
- Cake -
Sprinkle chopped nuts evenly over the bottom of pan(s).
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix.
Mix in the eggs, water, oil and rum. Blend well.
- Pour batter over chopped nuts in pan(s).
Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven when done, and let sit for 10 minutes in pan, then gently remove from pan(s) onto serving plate (or a cookie sheet for mini cakes).
If baking a large cake, gently poke small holes with a kabob spear (or small knife) into the cake.
If baking the mini cakes, no need to poke holes.
- Brush glaze over the top and sides of cake(s).
Allow cake to absorb glaze and repeat until all the glazed is used.
- Once finished, let sit for about 5-10 minutes, then either slice and serve, or wrap mini cakes for gifting.