Such a luxurious treat for you and your family!
Jar it and give it as gifts this holiday season.
How to Make Rose Water
- In a large pot with a lid, place your fresh petals in a pot. Add just enough water to cover.
- Heat to a rolling boil. Lower heat to low and place a Pyrex bowl in the center of pot on top of petals Then, place your pot lid on upside down. That way you create a concave surface to put your ice and a convex surface for the rose water to distill.
- Place a large bag of ice on the lid. This will make a distiller of sorts because the boiling water's steam will hit the lid's cold surface and become liquid again and drip into bowl.
- Peek every so often to make sure your petals aren't dry. You may also need to top of ice every so often.
- After about 40 minutes, you should have rose water in your bowl. Discard pot contents.
- This can be used in baking recipes or even syrups by mixing with honey. Or even rose jam! This can be used as an astringent for face or a perfumed after shower spritzer for body. Even a linen spray for sheets. Enjoy!