Rose Mary's Maraschino Pound Cake
Rose Mary Mogan
- 3 stick
- butter, room temperature
- 3 c
- 3-4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- cherry liqueur or cherry juice
- 1/4 c
- evaporated milk
- 1 Tbsp
- almond extract
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 6 large
- eggs, room temperature
- 10 oz
- jar maraschino cherries,chopped ( use juice for cake if no cherry liqueur
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 stick
- butter room temperature
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
- 1 box
- powdered sugar
- 1 jar(s)
- 10 maraschino cherries, chopped &drained
How to Make Rose Mary's Maraschino Pound Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray bundt pan generously with cooking spray or I prefer to use Baker's Joy, (I call it my man in the can) Smile
- 2Cream butter,& cream cheese in mixing bowl, then gradually add sugar, and beat until light and airy. At least 10 to 15 minutes. Then add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- 3Gradually add flour a little at a time alternating with milk and liqueur or cherry juice. Beat well until well mixed. Add in chopped Cherries and extracts and beat till blended.
- 4Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake in preheated 325 degree F. oven and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- 5Note you can divide batter between 2 loaf pans if desired, and lessen baking time about 10 to 20 minutes, but check to make sure cake is done.
Frost cake with Cream Cheese frostingby beating ingredients together, Add 1 jar of chopped cherries drained to cream cheese frosting, and stir to mix, add 1 1/2 teaspoon cherry liqueur or cherry extract, stir to mix and frost cake. Garnish with additional cherry halves and shredded coconut if desired.
- 6PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A 16 CUP BUNDT PAN, THEN ONLY USE 3 1/2 CUPS FLOUR