Root Beer Float Cake with Root Beer White Fluff Icing
1 boxwhite cake mix
1/2 csour cream
1 croot beer
1 tsproot beer concentrate
3 Tbspwhite corn syrup
3/4 tsproot beer concentrate
How to Make Root Beer Float Cake with Root Beer White Fluff Icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and gather ingredients.
- Mix cake mix with 6 remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a greased and floured Bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 50 min.
- Let cool.
- FOR ICING: Bring water, white corn syrup, and sugar to a boil and cook until 235 or the sugar syrup threads. Begin to test the syrup at 225.
- Take a spoonful of the syrup and dip the spoon in a bowl of cold water. Tip the spoon to see if it releases a thin thread of syrup. If it threads, it's ready to take off the heat. If it drips instead of threading it needs to boil a little more. You want the sugar syrup to spin a 6-8 inch thread.
- As soon as the sugar syrup starts boiling, start beating egg whites on medium speed. When the syrup threads, remove it from the heat. Turn the mixer to high speed and pour a thin stream of the syrup into the beating egg whites.
- Beat continually until frosting is stiff and glossy. Add vanilla and root beer concentrate.
- Continue to beat until mixed well.
- Spread on cooled cake.