Rhubarb Yogurt Cake
The recipe is by Cei Marsh and the photo by Maya Visniyei.
I added a few ingredients to suit my taste..otherwise it's all Cei's recipe idea. It is so beautiful, I had to share with you all.
2 cfresh rhubarb, chopped to 1 inch pieces
1/4 clight brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 corange juice
2 tsporange zest
1 cgranulated sugar
2 tsplemon zest
1 cgreek or plain yogurt
2 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspbaking soda
1 2/3 call purpose flour or spelt flour same measure
1/2 cvegetable oil
How to Make Rhubarb Yogurt Cake
- Preheat oven to 350^. Spray a 9-inch cake pan with non-stick spray then line bottom of pan with waxed paper and spray it too.
- In a small bowl toss together the rhubarb, orange juice and orange zest and the brown sugar.Let set.
In another bowl combine the lemon zest and the 1 cup sugar and rub the mixture together to make the zest release into the sugar. Let set.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, yogurt and the vanilla until blended and light.
Add the flour, the 1 cup sugar zest mixture, baking powder and baking soda on top of the yogurt mixture and stir them together,just until combine. Blend in the oil.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Gently spoon rhubarb mixture over top evenly. Bake about 50 minutes. Check with toothpick to see if it is done.
- Remove from oven and let set in pan for 5 minutes then remove and invert onto serving plate- then invert onto wire reck to cool- so that the rhubarb is on top.
When completely cool drizzle with lemon glaze, if desired; or sprinkle with powdered sugar.