Revised, Healthy Mayonaise Cake
2 coat flour(grind oats in blender or food processor)-you can also use white whole wheat flour, or a blend of oat, whole wheat and all purpose.
1/2 csugar( i use turbinado or demerra rather than refined sugar)
2 tspbaking soda
1 cmayo(not miracle whip)-i use the olive oil mayo(can also use yogurt)
1/2 cdark chocolate chips(i like the ghirardelli 60% cocoa chips)
How to Make Revised, Healthy Mayonaise Cake
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Whisk together the flour(s), sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Add the mayo, honey, vanilla and water. Beat well until smooth.
- Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 30-35 min.
- Scatter chocolate chips on top and return to the oven for 30 seconds to a min., just until chips are softened. Run a spatula over the surface of the cake, swirling the chips.
- If desired(and I usually desire!)-serve with real whipped cream.