Healthy version with no sugar added and no fat easy just buy ingredients accordingly
- 1 large
- bakery/grocery store prebaked angel food cake
- 1 can(s)
- pie filling (any fruit you wish) or for strawberry, 1 large carton fresh strawberries and one container strawberry glaze
- 8 oz
- philadelphia brand cream cheese softened
- 1 medium
- tub of cool whip whipped topping (i like to use creamy)
How to Make Rescue Cake
- 1Take Angel Food Cake and cut horizontally about 1/2 and half forming 2 layers, lay top layer aside.
In a bowl whip or stir cool whip and cream cheese together until well blended.
Ice bottom layer of cake with mixture.
Open can of pie filling or for strawberry, cut up strawberries and mix in bowl with glaze.
Use half of fruit filling and place on top bottom layer of cake.
Replace top layer of Angel food on top of this layer and ice it as well with remainder of cream cheese and coolwhip mixture.
Place remainder of fruit on top of cake.
**With strawberry cake I then decorate/garnish with whipped cream. The possibilities are endless and theres never any cake left over at all.
Also even better when its been refrigerated keeps very well.