Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
- 4 1/2 c
- crushed oreo cookies
- 1 c
- chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted
- 2 lb
- cream cheese, softened
- eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 c
- firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 c
- smooth peanut butter (not natural-style)
- 1/2 c
- whipping cream
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- reese's peanut butter cups, broken into small pieces
- 3 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
FOR THE CRUST
FOR THE FILLING
FOR THE TOPPING
How to Make Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
- 1Please Note****Plan ahead--cheesecake needs to chill for at least 4 hours.
- 2THE CRUST:
- 3Combine crushed Oreo cookies and peanuts that have been ground in a food processor with the melted butter.
- 4Pat the crust mixture onto bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- 5THE FILLING:
- 6Beat cream cheese in bowl of electric mixer until smooth.
- 7Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 8Add sugar, peanut butter and cream; mix until smooth.
- 9Stir in vanilla, then fold in peanut butter cup pieces with a rubber spatula.
- 10Pour filling into prepared crust.
- 11Place springform pan into a larger baking pan.
- 12Pour hot water into the larger pan so that the water comes 1 inch up the sides of the springform pan.
- 13Bake at 275°F 1-1/2 hours, or until firm and lightly browned.
- 14THE TOPPING:
- 15Combine the sour cream and sugar and spread on the cheesecake.
- 16Return the cake to the oven for 5 minutes.
- 17Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for one hour.
- 18You may run a knife along the edge of the cake to loosen it from the pan somewhat.
- 19Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.