Red Velvet Poke Cake
** If you don't have a cream cheese frosting you use please take a look at mine and consider it.. Tastes A-M-A-Z-I-N-G**
- 2 c
- self rising flour
- 2 Tbsp
- cocoa, unsweetened
- 2 c
- 1 c
- vegetable oil
- 1 c
- 2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- white vinegar
- 1/2 c
- prepared plain hot coffee
- 2 oz
- red food coloring drops
- 2 box
- cheesecake instant pudding mix
- 4 c
- milk (for pudding)
How to Make Red Velvet Poke Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 325
- 2In medium bowl whisk together flour and cocoa powder.
- 3In large bowl combine sugar and oil.
- 4With your blender mix eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and food coloring with your sugar mixture.
- 5Blend in your coffee (Do Not skip this step, it gives your cake an AMAZING flavor)and vinegar.
- 6Combine dry ingred's to your wet a little at a time just until combined. (Do not over blend)
- 7Grease your pan(s) generously(depending on what kind of cake you would like)with crisco and dust lightly with flour.
- 8Pour your batter evenly into your pan(s).
- 9Bake cake 30-40 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- 10Remove cake from oven, let cool 5-8 minutes. While your cake is cooling prepare your pudding.
- 11Once cake is slightly cooled take the end of a wooden spoon (or similar size object) and poke multiple holes all over your cake making sure you go all the way through to the bottom of the pan.
- 12Pour your pudding mix over your cake making sure to focus on getting the pudding into the holes. Try to spread out the pudding as evenly as possible.
- 13Put your cake in the fridge to let set atleast 2 hours. Top with your favorite cream cheese frosting or with cool whip and sprinkle with crushed oreos.
**** This cake needs to be kept refrigerated**** (If you want, you can let your cake come to room temp before serving)