Red Velvet Poke Cake
** If you don't have a cream cheese frosting you use please take a look at mine and consider it.. Tastes A-M-A-Z-I-N-G**
2 cself rising flour
2 Tbspcocoa, unsweetened
1 cvegetable oil
1 tspwhite vinegar
1/2 cprepared plain hot coffee
2 ozred food coloring drops
2 boxcheesecake instant pudding mix
4 cmilk (for pudding)
How to Make Red Velvet Poke Cake
- Preheat oven to 325
- In medium bowl whisk together flour and cocoa powder.
- In large bowl combine sugar and oil.
- With your blender mix eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and food coloring with your sugar mixture.
- Blend in your coffee (Do Not skip this step, it gives your cake an AMAZING flavor)and vinegar.
- Combine dry ingred's to your wet a little at a time just until combined. (Do not over blend)
- Grease your pan(s) generously(depending on what kind of cake you would like)with crisco and dust lightly with flour.
- Pour your batter evenly into your pan(s).
- Bake cake 30-40 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven, let cool 5-8 minutes. While your cake is cooling prepare your pudding.
- Once cake is slightly cooled take the end of a wooden spoon (or similar size object) and poke multiple holes all over your cake making sure you go all the way through to the bottom of the pan.
- Pour your pudding mix over your cake making sure to focus on getting the pudding into the holes. Try to spread out the pudding as evenly as possible.
- Put your cake in the fridge to let set atleast 2 hours. Top with your favorite cream cheese frosting or with cool whip and sprinkle with crushed oreos.
**** This cake needs to be kept refrigerated**** (If you want, you can let your cake come to room temp before serving)