Red Velvet Cake Bread Pudding
- red velvet cake made according to to directions.
- 3 1/4 c
- powdered sugar
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 eggs plus 1 yolk
- 3 c
- half and half
- 1 pinch
- 1 tsp
- good vanilla
- 1 qt
- whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- mint leaves garnish
How to Make Red Velvet Cake Bread Pudding
- 1Make cake according to box directions. Turn out of pan and cool completely. Once cake is cooled, cut into cubes and put on baking sheet in a single layer and bake again at 350' for 10 minutes. Set aside. This step is very important because you dont want a wet cake, crisp it so it wont absorb so much liquid.
- 2In a large bowl, Combine powdered sugar and cream cheese until mixed well. In a seperate bowl, Combine eggs, half and half, salt, and vanilla. Mix well. Add together slowly.
- 3You can use ramikins or use a 9'13 inch pan. Butter the ramikins and/or pan. Put cubes into ramikins or pan, pour custard over cake and bake at 350' for 30 minutes. Cool to room temp and add whipped topping. Mint leaf to garnish. If using 9'13 inch pan increase cooking time to 35-40 min or until pudding is set. You can also serve with ice cream if desired.