Raspberry Buttermilk Coffee Cake
1/2 ptfresh raspberries, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 largeegg, beaten
3 Tbspvegetable oil
1 tsplemon extract (or vanilla)
How to Make Raspberry Buttermilk Coffee Cake
- Place raspberries in a small bowl and sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar. Mix gently to coat berries. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 8-inch square or round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix flour, baking powder and 1 cup sugar in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine egg, buttermilk, oil and extract (I prefer lemon but vanilla will work fine).
- Add liquid mixture to flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into pan and top with berries. With a spatula or spoon, gently swirl berries into bater, leaving some on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until pick inserted into center comes out clean (insert in a portion of cake with no berries).
- Cool in pan on wire rack.