Quatre Epices Buttermilk Loaves
"Quatre Epices" is a mix of white pepper, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon and allspice(optional). You can find it in the store or seek a recipe on line.
This is a wonderful bread loaf you will truly enjoy.
Chose picture from google search will add one next time i make bread.
13-1/2 ozall purpose flour (about 3 cups)
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
2 tspquatre epices (see notes)
1/2 ccandied ginger, finely chopped (optional)
3/4 cbutter, softened
How to Make Quatre Epices Buttermilk Loaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°
- 2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour and next 6 ingredients (through Ginger); stir with a whisk.
- Place sugar, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and blend well. Add ginger (optional)
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk to sugar mix
- Spoon batter into mIni loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pans. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- OPTIONAL: The candied ginger is optional.
- NOTES: "Quatre Epices" is a mix of white pepper, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon and allspice(optional). You should be able to find it in the store. If not there are recipes for mixing on line. I get my spices from a small shop in Oakland California called Oaktown Spice Shop. Very, very reasonable prices.