Pumpkin Box Cake with Apple Cider Glaze
Found on Facebook.
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix
- 1 can(s)
- 15 ounce pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- 3 tablespoons apple cider
- 3/4 tsp
- pumpkin pie spice
FOR THE CAKE:
FOR THE GLAZE:
How to Make Pumpkin Box Cake with Apple Cider Glaze
- 1Empty the contents of the boxed cake mix and pumpkin puree into a large bowl. Using a hand-mixer or stand mixer beat until well incorporated. The batter will be very thick, but will come together nicely.
- 2Pour batter into a greased 7 x 11 X 2 pan. This is the small, rectangular-sized pan from your Pyrex set. You know the set you had to have when you got married and rarely ever used all the pieces. Finally, you have a use for it.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not over bake.
- 4Let cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan, then flip onto a platter.
- 5Make the glaze while you're waiting.
- 6NOTE: I think I would like to try it with the spice in the cake rather than the glaze so it doesn't over-power the apple cider. I would definitely add pecans or walnuts, just personal preference.