This is very easily made more diabetic friendly by using sugar free gelatin.
1 largecool angel food cake (homemade or store purchased)
1 largebox of strawberry flavored gelatin.
1 16 ozpackage of strawberries frozen in their own juice.
1 largecontainer of whipped topping.
How to Make Pink Fluff
- 1. Pinch the cake into small-ish pieces and set aside.
- 2. Mix the strawberry gelatin as directed but substituting the frozen strawberries for the ice.
- 3. After Gelatin/strawberry mix has cooled, but not set, gently mix (or fold)with the whole container of whipped topping.
- 4. Now add strawberry/whipped topping mix to the cake pieces. Do this gently so as not to break the cake up more.
- 5. Chill in fridge for about 30 minutes or until set. And ENJOY!!
Mixture can be put into an angel food cake pan or bundt pan before chilling. Then decorated with extra strawberry slices for entertaining!