PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
THESE INGREDIENTS ARE FOR THE BOTTOM OF THE CAKE, GOES IN PAN BEFORE CAKE MIX
1/2 cbrown sugar, packed
4 or 5slices of pineapple
5 or 8maraschino cherries
MIX THE NEXT FOUR INGREDIENTS AS DIRECTED ON YOUR CAKE MIX PACKAGE
1/2 pkgpineapple or yellow cake mix
1/4 cvegetable oil
How to Make PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
- Melt butter, brown sugar and 1 Tablespoon of pineapple syrup in an 8 or 9 inch cake pan in preheated oven.
- Remove from heat and arrange pineapple slices and cherries in butter mixture.
- Prepare batter as directed on cake package. Pour over mixture in the pan
- Bake in preheated 350º oven for 30 - 50 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Invert on serving plate. Allow 2 - 3 minutes before removing pan.
- Serve with whip creme