★★★★★ 1 vote5
- yellow cake mix
- large can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 14 ounce cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounce container of whipped topping (cool whip)
- 2/3 c
- coconut flakes
- 1 c
- coconut milk from a fresh coconut
- 3 Tbsp
- cream of coconut
How to Make Pina Colada Cake
- 1Preheat over to 350 degrees and prepare a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Mix cake according to directions on the box but replace part of the water with water/milk from inside fresh coconut and add 1 tablespoon of cream of coconut to batter.Then add half of the crushed, drained pineapple to batter.
- 3Put in 350 degree overn for 30-40 minutes
- 4While cake is baking combine whipped topping with remaining pineapple and 2 tablespoons of cream of coconut. You can add more for more intense coconut flavor.
- 5Pour both cans of condensed milk over cake and allow to cool.
- 6Once cake has cooled spread whipped topping and pineapple mixture over top of cake evenly.
- 7Sprinkle with coconut flakes evenly over top. Place cherries evenly across cake.
- 8Be sure to refrigerate cake.