Pick Off the Fruit Cake -Connie's
Mom served her famous fruit-cake during the holidays for as long as I can remember. Every time I walked past it, I'd pick off some fruit or nuts from the cake. I'd get m hand slapped but it was worth it. Even fruitcake haters will find this one totally different and delicious!
3 cnuts,walnuts, pecans, etc. your choice
2 pkgpitted dates (6 1/2 oz. pkg.)
1 cmaraschino cherries, drained well
3/4 cflour, sifted
1 tspbaking powder
How to Make Pick Off the Fruit Cake -Connie's
- Turn on oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease angel-food pan.
- Carefully line bottom and sides of angel-food pan with wax paper.
- Put dates, nuts and cherries in a large mixing bowl.
- Sift flour, sugar,salt and baking powder over fruit mixture.
- Mix ingredients in bowl by hand.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl until frothy
- Add vanilla to egg mixture and pour over fruit/nut batter.
- Mix by hand.
- Transfer batter to angle-food pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Remove from pan and pull away wax paper. Careful, it's hot.
- Cool cake completely before slicing into thin slices.
Your family will be picking at this cake until it's gone.