Perfect Vanilla cupcakes
- 1 1/4 c
- cake flour
- 1 1/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 3/4 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c
- cooking oil (vegetable, canola or extra light olive oil)
- 1/2 c
IF YOU DONT HAVE BUTTERMILK *TIP -(OR 1/2 CUP MILK PLUS 1/2 TEASPOON WHITE VINEGAR OR LEMON JUICE- ADD ACID TO THE MILK THEN SET ASIDE FOR 5 MINUTES BEFORE USING)
How to Make Perfect Vanilla cupcakes
* Preheat oven to 350*F.
* In a medium bowl, add cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir together with whisk, and set aside.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, add eggs and beat 10-20 seconds. Add sugar and continue to beat on medium speed about 30 seconds. Add vanilla and oil, beat.
* Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add about half of the flour mixture. Add half of the milk, then the rest of the flour and the rest of the milk. Beat until just combined. Scrap down the side of the bowl.
* The batter will be thin. Pour batter into a muffin pan prepared with paper liners. Fill liners about 2/3 full.
* Bake cupcakes in pre-heated oven for 12-14 minutes.
* Cool in pan 1-2 minutes, then remove cupcakes from pan (carefully) and finish cooling on a wire rack.
- 2* Feel free to use this recipe for a cake as well. The recipe above will work for a 6" cake. Double the recipe for an 8" or 9" cake.
- 3* A note about Cake Flour- Cake Flour has a lower protein content than traditional all-purpose flour, which results in a more tender, delicate crumb in the finished product. If you can not find or access cake flour, feel free to substitute as necessary, but your results will vary from the original recipe