Perfect Pumpkin Cheesecake
Bre Van Patten
- 3, 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- pumpkin pie spice (i use chinese five spice)
- 1 can(s)
- pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 c
- ginger snaps (crushed)
- 5 Tbsp
- butter, melted
How to Make Perfect Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Crush ginger snaps and mix in melted butter. Press along the bottom and edges of spring form pan. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Take out and set aside.
Lower oven temp to 300 degrees.
- 2In mixer, whip softened cream cheese and sugar. Make sure between each step you scrape down sides and bottom of the bowl. Add in one egg at a time, mixing for about 30 seconds between each one. Add in vanilla. In separate bowl, stir together pumpkin, flour, and spice. Make sure there are no flour lumps. Add pumpkin mixture to cream cheese mixture. Scrape down sides and bottom, then mix for about 90 seconds. Pour batter into spring form pan, place pan on a baking sheet, and place in the oven. Pour approximately 2 cups of water onto baking sheet, making a water bath.
- 3Bake for 60-70 minutes, until cake is no longer wobbly, and slightly firm to the touch.
Remove from the oven, and let cool 30-40 minutes before moving it to the fridge. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.