1 2/3 ccake flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 csugar, divided
2 tspcold water
1/2 chot water
2 tspvanilla extract, divided
1/4 tspcream of tartar
4 cpowdered sugar
2 Tbspsoftened butter or margarine
4-6 Tbspmilk or half-n-half
4 cfinely ground salted peanuts
How to Make Peanut Rolls
- Line bottom of 9 X 13 cake pan with parchment paper or waxed paper. Preheat oven to 325*.
- For the cake, sift dry ingredients (cake flour, salt and baking powder) together 4 times.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks til creamy. Add 1 cup sugar gradually, beating until sugar is dissolved, then add 2 tsp. cold water.
- Add dry ingredients, alternating with 1/2 cup hot water until well blended.
- Add 1 tsp. vanilla
- Beat 4 egg whites until foamy. Add 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar and beat until stiff. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar.
- Fold beaten egg whites gently into egg yolk mixture. Pour into prepared cake pan and bake 40-50 minutes until top springs back when touched.
- Cool cake and remove from pan. Cut into 24 pieces (4 X 6).
- Prepare glaze by sifting 4 cups of powdered sugar. Blend in softened butter or margarine.
- Add 1 tsp. vanilla and enough milk or half-n-half for consistency just heavier than drizzling.
- Ice top and all sides of cake piece; drop upside down in ground peanuts and finish icing the bottom. Cover with peanuts.
- Let finished peanut rolls set out a little while to give the icing a chance to set up. ENJOY!
- NOTES: Peanut rolls freeze well.
Cake flour substitution: In a 1 cup measuring cup, add 2 tbsp corn starch. Add enough all-purpose flour to make 1 cup. Sift well to make equivalent to 1 cup cake flour.