Peanut Butter - Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Cake
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 9 oz. package chocolate wafer cookies
- 3/4 c
- natural peanut butter
- 1 pt
- each vanilla chocolate-chip, chocolate, and vanilla fudge ice cream
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 1/2 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 oz
- semisweet chocolate, grated (optional)
How to Make Peanut Butter - Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Cake
- 1Line a 9-inch square baking dish with two 24-inch sheets of plastic wrap, allowing excess to hang over sides. Arrange 9 cookies flat side down in bottom of pan and 3 cookies standing up against each side.
- 2Warm peanut butter in microwave for 30 seconds; drizzle 1/4 cup on cookies in pan. Spoon chocolate-chip ice cream on top and cover with 8 cookies. Repeat layering twice with remaining peanut butter, each remaining pint of ice cream and remaining cookies. Cover with overhanging plastic wrap and press down to compress layers. Cover with a second sheet of plastic wrap and freeze for at least 3 hours and up to 1 week.
- 3To unmold, dip pan into warm water, unwrap cake and invert a platter on top. Flip cake over and remove pan and wrap. Return cake to freezer.
- 4Whip cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff. Spread on cake and sprinkle with chocolate, if desired.