Peanut Brittle Crunch Cake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 2/3 call purpose flour
1 1/3 cfirmly packed brown sugar
2/3 cgranulated sugar
1 1/3 cbuttermilk**
1 ccrushed peanut brittle
1/3 cchopped nuts
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 tspvanilla
How to Make Peanut Brittle Crunch Cake
- Heat oven to 325*. Grease and flour a 12 cup Bundt Pan. (If using a 10-cup pan, fill to 3/4 full and make 3 or 4 cupcakes from remaining batter.)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar and butter until coarse crumbs form. Remove 1/2 cup flour mixture; mix with peanut brittle and nuts. Set aside.
- Add all remaining ingredients to flour mixture; mix well. Spoon half of the batter into a prepared pan. Spoon floured peanut brittle mixture over batter. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 325* for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely on rack. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar or glaze of your choice.
- ** To substitute for buttermilk, use 4 teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar plus enough milk to make 1 1/3 cups.
- Variation: Toffee bars can be substituted for the peanut brittle. Use 4 (5 3/4 oz) bars. It is easier to crush toffee if it is frozen.