Peach Upside Down Cake
- 1/2 stick
- butter or margarine
- 1/2 c
- white granulated sugar
- 5-6 large
- fresh peaches, pitted, peeled, sliced
- 1 box
- duncan hines yellow cake mix
- 1 1/3 c
- pureed peaches, (fresh is best) about 2 large peaches
- 1/3 c
- vegetable oil
- 3 large
How to Make Peach Upside Down Cake
- 1melt butter in bottom of 9 X 13 Pyrex
sprinkle white sugar over melted butter
Slice enough fresh peaches and arrange to cover bottom of pan.
- 2I used my stand mixer to mix cake mix with
fresh pureed peaches* (I used a hand blender to do this,)eggs, and vegetable oil.
Mix batter thoroughly and pour over peaches in the prepared pan. Batter is thick.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until done. Allow to cool about 10-15 minutes. Invert pan.
- 4I left mine too long and my cake wouldn't come out, so I used a spatula to serve cake and flipped it over onto the plate. LOL It still looked beautiful and tasted fabulous!
- 5* It takes about two large peaches (pitted and peeled)to make puree. I used a hand blender to do this ahead of time and set it aside.