Peach Upside Down Cake
1/2 stickbutter or margarine
1/2 cwhite granulated sugar
5-6 largefresh peaches, pitted, peeled, sliced
1 boxduncan hines yellow cake mix
1 1/3 cpureed peaches, (fresh is best) about 2 large peaches
1/3 cvegetable oil
How to Make Peach Upside Down Cake
- melt butter in bottom of 9 X 13 Pyrex
sprinkle white sugar over melted butter
Slice enough fresh peaches and arrange to cover bottom of pan.
- I used my stand mixer to mix cake mix with
fresh pureed peaches* (I used a hand blender to do this,)eggs, and vegetable oil.
Mix batter thoroughly and pour over peaches in the prepared pan. Batter is thick.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until done. Allow to cool about 10-15 minutes. Invert pan.
- I left mine too long and my cake wouldn't come out, so I used a spatula to serve cake and flipped it over onto the plate. LOL It still looked beautiful and tasted fabulous!
- * It takes about two large peaches (pitted and peeled)to make puree. I used a hand blender to do this ahead of time and set it aside.