Oreo Cakes and Cupcakes - Show Stoppers!
This is the star of the show... A real Show Stopper!
This is a fun recipe that you can do so much with... here are a couple of examples.... enjoy.... and....
Play With Your Food ! ox
- 2 box
- dark chocolate cake mix (prepare as directed on box)
- 1/2 c
- dark cocoa, unsweetened
- 6 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 c
- crisco shortening, white
- 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- clear vanilla
- 6 - 9 Tbsp
- milk (add slowly until desired consistancy)
- 1 - 2 pkg
- oreo cookies, frosting removed, cookies crumbled
OR USE YOUR OWN FAVORITE RECIPE FOR CAKE
WHITE BAKERY FROSTING
How to Make Oreo Cakes and Cupcakes - Show Stoppers!
- 9Get your frosting and cookie crumbs ready while cake is baking.
Cut cake into desired size you want to work with. (I like a 3 x 3 or a 4 x 4 piece of cake to work with.
Frost the top and all four sides of each square of cake.
*** If you FREEZE cake before frosting... it helps prevent cake from crumbling.
- 11Put desired amount of Oreo cookie crumbs onto top of cupcake or muffin. Garnish with a whole or a half of a cookie.
*** Optional: Make a little chocolate frosting to garnish cupcakes or muffins as in the photo. Just add some cocoa powder to already made frosting and a teaspoon or so of milk.
*** OR... buy chocolate frosting.