Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes (low cal.)
So good and no worries! Fresh oranges and uses a cake mix.
Makes 26 cupcakes ~
May want to cut in half or bring some to a party !
I made mine in a 13x9 pan and took a picture of it !
- 1 box
- vanilla cake mix ( could use reduced sugar mix)
- 1 can(s)
- (12 oz) diet orange pop (1 1/2 cups orange pop)
- 8 oz container cool whip
- 1 box
- sugar free vanilla pudding mix
- 3/4 c
- skim milk
ORANGE FOOD COLORING (OR A MIX OF YELLOW AND RED)
JUICE OF ONE ORANGE (AND/OR 1/2 TSP. ORANGE EXTRACT FOR A STRONGER CITRUS FLAVOR
OPTIONAL: 1 ORANGE TO DECORATE
How to Make Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes (low cal.)
- 1Preheat oven 350DF and line 2 (12 muffin tins) with cupcake liners. Beat cake mix and pop together until batter is smooth and creamy. Pour cake mix into lined muffin tin, filling each cup about half way full. Place cupcakes in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes.
While cupcakes are baking, mix together Pudding mix, milk, cool whip and food coloring.
- 2Squeeze the juice of one orange into the frosting mixture. Squeeze orange upside down so no seeds don't get in the bowl.
For a stronger citrus flavor, add 1/2 tsp. orange extract.
Beat until smooth.
When cupcakes come out of the oven, let cool completely before frosting. When ready to frost, turn a large ziplock bag inside out and scoop frosting into the corner of the bag with spatula. Turn ziplock bag right-side out squeezing frosting down into one corner.
Snip the corner of the bag off with scissors.
To pipe frosting, begin by making a large circle on top of the cupcake, flollowed by smaller circles, and simply pull up at the top.
Decorate with thin slice of orange and
cut each slice into 4 equal parts.
Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.