I borrowed a portion of the recipe from Sheila's orangey cake, I made it on a Thursday and it was gone on Friday, my niece who hates everything said it was so moist and delish! I had an issue with the chips falling to the bottom, I am not sure how to fix that problem.
- 1 box
- french vanilla cake mix - do not follow the directions
- 1 c
- freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 c
- canola oil
- 1/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 c
- chocolate chips
- 1 c
- sifted powdered sugar or more if you want
- orange sliced with no peels
How to Make Orange cake
- 1Spay a 9x13 glass dish with pam, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl add the cake mix, orange juice, oil, sugar eggs and extract, beat 3-4 mins
- 3pour batter into the glass dish and bake 10 mins, add the choc chips and bake another 20 mins.
- 4remove from oven and allow to cool, once cooled sift the powdered sugar over the top and place the orange slices on the cake.