Orange Basket Citrus Cake
Good for outdoor lunch with tea or a nice family picnic...=)
2 call-purpose flour
1 1/2 cgranulated sugar
1 tspbaking soda
3/4 tspbaking powder
3/4 cvegetable oil
3/4 corange juice
2 tsporange zest
1/2 cplain yogurt
FOR DOUGH DECORATIONS:
16 ozmini marshmallows
1 1/2 lbpowder sugar
3 Tbsporange juice
2 Tbspunsalted butter
·gel food colors
How to Make Orange Basket Citrus Cake
- Preheat the oven at 350 ºF. Grease and flour one round 6" pan and a mini cupcake pan (12 cupcakes.)
- In a bowl sifth the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add the sugar and salt and mix well; set aside.
- In a bowl of electric mixer, combine oil, orange juice, orange zest, sour cream and eggs; add the flour mixture and mix well at medium speed.
- Spoon the batter with the spoon into the mini cup cake pan and also into the 6" pan.
- Bake the mini cupcakes for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick comes clean.
The 6" cake should bake for around 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean from the center. Cool down and refrigerate for 25 minutes. (It will make it easier to stick the dough into the cake.)
- For Dough: In a large microwave-safe bowl, pour mini marshmallows, butter and orange juice. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. Do this as many times as you need in order to fully melt the marsmallows .
- Pour all the powdered sugar into another bowl and make a well in the center. Pour in all the melted marshmallow mixture and stir, little by little, until you have a got a sticky dough consistency.
- Cover table with plastic bags and paint the dough with food coloring to desired colors.
- Modeling the Oranges: The oranges in my cake are mini cup cakes. Cover them with the orange marsmallow dough. You can use your creativity to decorate your cake. It is fun because you can play with this dough as you would Play-Doh. You will feel like a child again!!!! jupi!!!!