Oozing Chocolate Lava Cake
6 ozsemi-sweet baking chocolate (or use your favorite 70% dark chocolate bar)
1 stickof butter (8 tablespoons). (diced, room temperature)
1/2 cgranulated sugar
·butter for ramekins
How to Make Oozing Chocolate Lava Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt chocolate in a double boiler. When melted, take off stove top.
- Stir in diced butter, until it melts.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and sugar, until fluffy.
- Stir in melted chocolate and then the flour.
- Butter 4 individual ramekins, and pour in chocolate batter.
- Cook for about 12-15 minutes. Depending on how oozy you want it.
- Now time to remove the cake from the ramekins. Hold the dessert plate on top of the ramekin. Holding the sides tight with a potholder, Tip ramekins upside down onto dessert plates and serve. Or you can eat them out of the ramekins if you are concerned with them breaking while flipping.
- *TIP: You can prepare your chocolate lava cake recipe ahead of time, and then bake 12 minutes before serving.
In terms of baking time… well, it depends on how runny you want it! I like it with a super-liquid-oozing center! For this, you want the top to be cooked through, but the center to be liquid. You can check with a toothpick after 12 minutes of baking.
If you don't like liquid-center chocolate desserts, then you picked the wrong dessert to bake. Just kidding, just cook for a little longer, and you will have a super moist chocolate cake. So either way it is a win/win situation. Enjoy!
You can serve yours with powdered sugar and whipped cream and any kind of sauce you like. I find it easy to serve it with Smukers strawberry Syrup! DELISH! Serving it plain right out of the oven is great too! How can you not fall in love with this simple and easy dessert?