Old Fashioned Butter Nut Cake
This recipe came from my aunt, who got it from my grandmother. (She died before I was born and was making this cake in the 40s and 50s, according to my dad).
1 ccrisco (not oil, the stuff in the can!)
1 Tbspvanilla, butter & nut flavoring
2 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 cself rising flour
1 cmilk, whole
2 cpowdered sugar
4 Tbspcanned milk (pet or carnation)
1/2 tspvanilla, butter & nut flavoring
How to Make Old Fashioned Butter Nut Cake
- Cream crisco and mix in sugar
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat
- Mix flour together and add to mixture
- Add milk and flavor. Beat and pour into a bundt pan sprayed with cooking spray (such as Pam) or two round cake pans.
- Bake at 325 for one hour.
- Cream butter until fluffy. Add part of the powdered sugar and beat. Continue adding sugar and milk in small batches and beat until very fluffy. Stir in flavoring. Frost/Ice your cake.