- 2 c
- freshly ground gluten free oatmeal (rolled oats)
- 2 tsp
- baking powder + 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/4 c
- dark brown sugar
- 1/2-3/4 c
- plain yogurt
- 1/2 c
- apple juice
- 2or 3
- eggs - 2large or 3 small( lightly beaten
- 4 Tbsp
- grape oil or canola oil
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 c
- shredded apple .can leave peel on
- 1/2 c
- walnuts or pecans (chopped) if desired
- 1 Tbsp
- sugar cinnamon mixture for topping later.
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350
How to Make OAT AND APPLE MUFFINS- GLUTEN FREE
- 1Use a coffee grinder or food processor to grind the oats.
- 2Place oat flour,baking powder,baking soda,brown sugar,and cinnamon in mixing bowl and blend.
- 3Lightly beat eggs in another small bowl,add yogurt,apple juice,oil,and vanilla.whisk to blend well and pour into bowl of your dry ingredients and thoroughly blend together.
- 4fold in shredded apples, and nuts of your choice if so desired.
- 5line muffin pans with paper or silicone cups or if have neither ,grease or spray lightly.
fill your muffin pan 3/4 full.
- 6Bake 15 -20 min.check with tooth pick..if comes out clean there done.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar while warm, leave on rack about 5 min, before removing from pans.
cool on wire rack