Norma's Lemony Banana-Walnut Bread
1 1/2 cmashed ripe bananas ( about 3 medium )
7 Tbspfresh lemon juice ( about 3 lemons ), divided
2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 cchopped walnuts
1 Tbspgrated lemon peel
1/2 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Norma's Lemony Banana-Walnut Bread
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease 2 ( 8 1/2 X 4 1/2-inch) loaf pans.
- Beat shortening and sugar in large bowl mixing bowl and mix at medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in bananas and 6 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Add to banana mixture; mix until blended.
- Stir in walnuts and lemon peel.
- Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean.
- Remove pans onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar and remaining one tablespoon of lemon juice in small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled loaves and let set.