No Mix Cake aka My Mom's Dump Cake
For my mom's dump cake you could use any fruit you wanted. Refrigerate the leftovers for later, if there are any.
1 can(s)fruit 20 oz. (your choice) or
2 can(s)fruit 8 to 10 oz. (your choice)
1 boxwhite cake mix
1 tspcinnamon (use more if you like)
6 scoop(s)vanilla ice cream
How to Make No Mix Cake aka My Mom's Dump Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Gather your choice of ingredients, a measuring cup to hold the reserve liquid from the fruit, a sheet cake pan and a butter knife.
- Slice the fruit into the cake pan, (doesn't call for greasing) reserve the juice.
- Sprinkle the cake mix on top of the fruit. Sprinkle the cinnamon on the cake.
- Cut the margarine into pats on top of the cake. Pour the reserved juice over the cake.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean. The recipe doesn't really call for anything else but....
- Niki recommends letting it cool just a bit, scoop servings into a dessert bowl and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and let it melt in your mouth.