No Mix Cake aka My Mom's Dump Cake
For my mom's dump cake you could use any fruit you wanted. Refrigerate the leftovers for later, if there are any.
- 1 can(s)
- fruit 20 oz. (your choice) or
- 2 can(s)
- fruit 8 to 10 oz. (your choice)
- 1 box
- white cake mix
- 1 stick
- 1 tsp
- cinnamon (use more if you like)
- 6 scoop(s)
- vanilla ice cream
How to Make No Mix Cake aka My Mom's Dump Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Gather your choice of ingredients, a measuring cup to hold the reserve liquid from the fruit, a sheet cake pan and a butter knife.
- 2Slice the fruit into the cake pan, (doesn't call for greasing) reserve the juice.
- 3Sprinkle the cake mix on top of the fruit. Sprinkle the cinnamon on the cake.
- 4Cut the margarine into pats on top of the cake. Pour the reserved juice over the cake.
- 5Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean. The recipe doesn't really call for anything else but....
- 6Niki recommends letting it cool just a bit, scoop servings into a dessert bowl and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and let it melt in your mouth.