Neapolitan Cheese Cake
You can also find the original recipe here :
FOR THE CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST :
1 1/2 cvanilla wafer crumbs (45 wafers)
1/2 cpowdered sugar
1/4 chershey's cocoa
1/3 cmelted butter or margarine
FOR THE CHEESE CAKE :
10oz. pkgfrozen strawberries , thawed and drained
1/2 csemi sweet chocolate chips
3 pkgcream cheese (8oz. each)
1/3 csour cream
3 Tbsp+ 1 teaspoon of all purpose flour ; divided
1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
1/4 tspred food coloring ; optional
How to Make Neapolitan Cheese Cake
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- Prepare the crust by combining all the above dry crust ingredients together and mix with the melted butter until crumbly and press into the bottom of a 9" spring form pan ; bake for 8 minutes ; remove from the oven and set aside.
- Increase the oven temp. to 400°.
- In a larger mixing bowl beat the cream cheese with the sugar until creamy ; Blend in the eggs , sour cream , vanilla extract , 3 Tbs.flour and salt ; Beat until smooth.
- For the bottom layer : In a blender or food processor puree' strawberries to yield 1/2 cup of puree'. In a small mixing bowl add 1-1/2 cup of the above batter and the remaining 1 teaspoon flour , mix until smooth ; add food coloring if you want a reddish color. Pour into the chocolate cookie crust and smooth out evenly.
- For the middle layer : Carefully pour 2 cups of the vanilla batter on top of the strawberry layer and smooth out the layer.
- For the top layer : Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 1-1/2 min. stir and heat for 15 sec. intervals at a time just until they are all melted when stirred , stirring each time. Add to the remaining batter and carefully pour onto the vanilla layer , smoothing out the layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes @ 400° and than lower temp. to 350° and continue to bake for 55-60 minutes, or until the center is almost set.
- Remove the cheese cake from the oven to a cooling rack and let cool for 30 minutes. Take a butter knife and loosen the cheese cake from the sides. Refrigerate until ready to serve , atleast a few hrs. or over night. Remove the spring form side before you serve.